Holly LeCraw was born in Atlanta and grew up working in her father’s bookstore, the late, great Oxford Books. She is the author of THE SWIMMING POOL, a 2010 Top Debut (Kirkus), Best Book of Summer (Daily Beast and Good Morning America), and Heather’s Pick in Canada (Chapters-Indigo); it was also published in Germany, Greece and Israel.
Her most recent book, THE HALF BROTHER, was published in the U.S. and Canada in February, 2015. It’s been called “one of the finest school-set novels in recent memory” (The Millions); “a wonderful, wonderful novel,” (celebrity librarian Nancy Pearl); “a love letter to teaching and to literature” (Lois Reitzes, NPR); “irresistible” (BookPage); and “profound, elegant, understated,” by Booklist, in a starred review.
LeCraw’s work has appeared in Post Road, Writer’s Digest, The Believer, The Drum, and Necessary Fiction, and various anthologies, and has been nominated for a Pushcart Prize. She holds degrees in English from Duke and Tufts. Although she’ll always be a southerner, she now lives outside Boston with her husband and three children.
- Book Talk with Cyd Oppenheimer (download Sound Cloud here)
- Who’s Talking with D.G. Martin (March 21, 2015)
- Q&A with Deborah Kalb
- Holly talks to Caroline Leavitt
- Holly on Reading with Robin
- Spinning wildly and loving it: 3Qs for Holly LeCraw
- 16 Writerly Questions for Holly LeCraw
- Jen’s Jewels: Interview with Holly LeCraw
- Beyond the Margins Interview
- Q&A with Holly on TheDiviningWand
- Better World Books Podcast: Holly LeCraw